- 6 Things iPhone Still Can’t do Android Can
- Trick To Unlock A Locked Snapchat Account
- How To Transfer Contact from iPhone to PC Using Mobikin Assistant
The steps given below will guide you to backup WhatsApp chat history from your iPhone:
- Download and install iFunBox on your computer.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer and launch iFunBox. iFunBox should detect the connected device.
- Click on User Applications under the device tree on the left pane. This will open a list of all installed apps on your iPhone.
- Double click on the WhatsApp icon to access its local storage. iFunBox will display WhatsApp’s app data on the right pane.
- Now, create a new folder to store the WhatsApp backup, in a preferred location on your computer.
- Select the “documents" and “library" folders from the iFunBox window and drag them to the newly created folder. They will be copied from WhatsApp’s local storage to your computer.
Restore WhatsApp chats from backup
- Ensure that WhatsApp application is installed but not running on your iPhone.
- Open the folder where you have saved WhatsApp data on your computer.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer and launch iFunBox. Go to User Applications >> WhatsApp to access WhatsApp’s app storage area.
- Select the “documents" and “library" folders from your backup and drag them into WhatsApp’s app storage area.
- Before backing up chat history, ensure that your installed version of WhatsApp is in working condition.
- Also, if WhatsApp alters the file structure of app data in future, a backup created from an older version might not be compatible with it.