Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud storage service which you can store your documents, photos, videos, and more. From Google Drive, you can also use Google Docs, Google Sheets, and other applications to create and edit various types of files. One of the most effective thing about Google Drive is the power to work and edit files offline. This feature is useful when you don’t have internet connection. Yes guys, its true you can use Google Drive without internet access.
First of all you need Chrome browser to use Google Drive offline. If you’re planning to enable Google Drive offline Access on your Desktop and Laptop, you have to set it up on Each systems. You will also use Google Drive Offline in different chrome devices.
If you use multiple Google Accounts use one account per Chrome profile. Google Drive offline Access support multiple user profile on the identical Computer. But each user want to log in with totally different Chrome user profile.
How to Enable Google Drive offline Access
Google Drive Settings allow you to manually turn on and turn off Offline Access for Drive, Slides, Docs, and Sheets.
- Open Google Chrome and Open Google Drive and sign into your account and click the sprocket icon in the upper-right corner.
- Then select “set up docs offline.”
- In offline section check the box next to “Sync Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Drawings file to this computer so you can edit offline ”. Now your Drive Folders will automatically be synced so that you can view and Edit the files without internet.
- Uncheck that box to turn off Offline Access.
How to Enable Offline Access for Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Open Google Chrome Browser and Visit Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, any one of them.
- Click the Menu button.
- Choose Settings.
- Under Offline Sync click on Turn on Offline Sync and Enable offline Access.
- If you want to turn off you can turn off offline access on the same page
To protect your files enable Google Drive Offline Access only on your personal Computer that you use regularly. If you enable Google Drive offline Access on shared or public Computers other may able to view and Sync you files. So this will put your Files at Risk.
- Drive will only work offline in a Chrome browser window.
- You can use Drive offline on multiple computers, but you need to enable it on each computer individually.
- If you share computers with another person, you may not want to sync to that computer as it could give both people access to the files.
- If you are using Google Drive within a Google Apps for Education domain, your domain administrator will have to enable the option for users to use Google Drive offline
What do you think about this trick? Write your opinion in comments, share this post with your friends and keep visiting for latest tips and tricks.
Jey Ganesh says
Google Drive is most important file storage for many people, offline feature also useful for everyone.
Thanks for sharing this useful information…
Thanks for sharing such informative and useful article. You have described the whole process very nicely, working on Google drive even without net connection will defiantly help us in many ways. Keep sharing such useful topics.