Is your iPhone power button is broken or you can’t start your iPhone? Rebooting an iPhone with broken power button is really frustrating, don’t worry you are at the right place just read this article. you have several methods to reboot iPhone with broken power button. Some of them are listed bellow.
How to Reboot iPhone With Broken Power Button
There is an Bold Text option in Accessibility Setting on iOS to bold text system wide, to make it easier to read. You have to change this setting, changing this setting requires your device to restart, so this is a first method to reboot iPhone with broken power button.
Follow the given steps to do it:
- Open settings and tap on General
- In General you will see Accessibility, tap on it
- After that scroll down to the Bold Text setting, and toggle it
- You will see a message that warning you “Applying this setting will restart your iPhone”. Tap on continue
- Now your iPhone will reboot and you will see the Apple logo, after some time your lock screen will appear
- Don’t charge your iPhone
- Let your iPhone battery run all the way down
- Your iPhone will turn OFF
- Connect you iPhone to computer or any charging device
- After that your iPhone will turn ON automatically in less than 3 minutes
This is the best method to restart your iPhone with broken power button because it will increase your battery performance. You have to do this more than 3 to 4 times per month for best battery backup.
Another way to reboot iPhone with broken power button is to reset network settings. before doing this note down your Wi-Fi password and Bluetooth preferences.
Follow Given steps to Reset Network Setting
- Open settings and navigate to General > Reset
- Select Reset Network Setting
- Enter passcode if asked
- Select confirm
- After that your iPhone will restart automatically
You can pinch the power button top corner front glass to the back case while pushing the power button and the iPhone will reboot automatically.
You can reboot your iPhone by resetting all setting. Here’s how to do it, follow given steps carefully:
- Go to Settings>App
- Tap on App you will see General
- In General find reset option at the bottom
- And select reset and tap on Reset All Settings
This will reboot your iPhone, it will not delete anything, but reorganize apps in your iPhone.
By using Assistive Touch:
- To enable “Assistive Touch”, Go to Settings
- Select “General” and then “Accessibility” option
- Swipe on the “Assistive Option” to turn it on
- You will notice a grayish-white icon, which can be placed anywhere
- Tap the icon to open the Assistive touch menu, then tap Device and HOLD the Lock Screen icon.
- This will bring up the iPhone’s Power OFF slider
From this slider you can easily reboot your iPhone.
This is the best method to turn off an iPhone with a broken power button.
Power Button not working was a major problem in iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, but the problem is fixed in newer devices. If you have any problem related to power button in newer devices then don’t forget to write in comment.
Thanks for reading and keep visiting for latest tips and tricks.