Hello friends, today I am going to share one of the most informative tips and tricks about creating an Apple ID for a child under 13.
Generally peoples above the age of 13 can easily create Apple ID for them but now they can create an Apple ID for their child under the age of thirteen. This allows the child to be a part of the Family Sharing plan on iPhone, which gives access to Game Center, FaceTime, iCloud, iMessage and iTunes.
By creating an Apple ID for your child, you can also allow the access for Ask to Buy, which requires your permission before they can make purchases from iTunes, iBooks, or the App Store. You can add children to the family account on different devices including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. So, let’s start how to set up and create an Apple ID for your child.
Note: If you are going to create an Apple ID for a kid under thirteen, the main person of the family (adult) will be required to use the CVV code from a credit card or debit card. By entering your CVV code is considered as parental access for the child’s Apple ID. Though you must enter your card info to register your child with an Apple ID, you can change your payment method as soon as the new Apple ID account is created. To make sure you have your credit card or debit card, set up for payment before creating an Apple ID for your kid, go to Settings. Choose iTunes & App Store. Tap on Apple ID: Enter your Email ID or Username and select Payment Information.
How to Create an Apple ID for Kids
Also Check : Top 10 Things About iCloud Drive : You Need To Know
- Go to Settings and choose iCloud.
- Tap on Family.
- Tap on Add Family Member.
- Choose Create an Apple ID for a Child.
- You will see acknowledge statement from Apple about children’s accounts, select Next.
- Then you will be asked for your child’s birthday. After selecting your child’s birthday, you’ll be prompted to read and agree to the Parent Privacy Disclosure.
- After that enter your credit card or debit card (depending on which payment method is assigned to your Apple ID) CVV security code. Tap Next.
- Then enter your child’s name and create an Apple ID for them by using an iCloud email address.
- Create a password. Choose and answer your child’s security questions (make sure to keep all of this information in a secure place!).
Also Check : Trick To Unlock iPhone Passcode
- Decide whether or not you’d like your child to Ask to Buy things in the iTunes, App Store and iBooks.
- Next, you’ll have the access to share your child’s location with other family members. You can easily change this option by answering security questions.
Now, all things are done.
Congratulation! You’ve successfully set up an Apple ID for your child and are very close to Family Sharing.
Please keep in mind that when you create an Apple ID for a child, they will automatically be added to your Family for sharing purposes.
Once you’ve created an Apple ID for your kid, your child cannot be removed from the family account. They can only be transferred from one family account to another. Otherwise, the child will have to grow up beyond 13 in order to leave the Family Sharing account.
I hope you like this post about creating an Apple ID for your child under the age of 13. If you have any problem you can ask in comment section.